The goals of the BGSU-FA (excerpt from BGSU-FA Charter) are:
- To promote and protect the interests of higher education at both the undergraduate and graduate levels at Bowling Green State University
- To advance the standards and ideals of higher education through the advancement and dissemination of knowledge, as articulated by the AAUP in its principles and standards
- To enhance the role and authority of individual faculty and of Faculty Senate in the university governance process
- To promote the professional growth and welfare of the members of the BGSU-FA
- To represent the interests of BGSU faculty to the public.
Want to join?
To join BGSU-FA/AAUP, click here.
After you’ve joined online, please contact a Chapter officer to expedite your active status in the Chapter.
For more information, please contact a Chapter officer.
Note: BGSU-FA uses an online discussion group for Chapter communications and reference documents. If you plan to join, we recommend that you also register for a (free) non-BGSU e-mail address. Google Mail is recommended, but Yahoo Mail and others work well too.
Who we are:
The members of the BGSU-FA come from all colleges at BGSU. We have dozens of volunteers working on every aspect of our campaign to negotiate the best terms possible for our 1st contract! For more information or with questions, contact any officer:
David Jackson, President — firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Kimaid, Vice President — email@example.com
Lori Liggett, Secretary — firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Fry, Treasurer
Jamie Stuart, Non-Tenure Track Faculty Representative